Past work: Review of the AEEP Political Targets
For Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) we acted as services provider to the EUEI Partnership Dialogue Facility (EUEI PDF) to help it in its mission to provide operational and logistical support to the Africa-EU Energy Partnership (AEEP). The project involved:
- collection and analysis of electricity sector data on Africa for the production of the 2017-18 Status Report;
- assessments of Africa’s progress towards meeting the AEEP’s energy targets on access, security, renewables and efficiency;
- analysis of the harmonisation of African energy initiatives, alternative measures to meeting targets, policy developments;
- quantitative analysis of African and European financial contribution towards energy projects and programmes;
- review of the political targets, and how these should be adjusted for the initiative’s next ten-year cycle starting in 2020, and
- presentation of the report at the Africa-EU summit in Abidjan, 2017.