Essential intelligence on Africa and the Middle East

Home > News > Monitoring
banner image
Côte d’Ivoire in election mode

Ahead of Côte d’Ivoire’s October 2020 presidential election, the government is firmly focused on securing a win for President Alassane Dramane Ouattara’s Rassemblement des Houphouëtistes pour la Démocratie et la Paix (RHDP). For all the history-...

Congo B: AAOG sale approved

Anglo African Oil & Gas (AAOG) shareholders voted on 13 January to approve the sale of 80% in AAOG Congo to London-listed Zenith Energy. Zenith also entered into a term sheet for a put and call option agreement over the remaining 20%,...

CFA franc to be replaced by eco, but initial change is largely symbolic

The move by the eight-member Union Economique et Monétaire Ouest Africaine (Uemoa) to end its 55-year-old currency union based on the French-guaranteed CFA franc will have a range of consequences for businesses and political relations. The new...

Cape Verde: Prequalification begins for two 5MW solar plants

The Ministry of Industry, Trade and Energy is inviting expressions of interest from developers to design, finance, build, own, operate and maintain two 5MW solar PV projects near Santa Maria on Sal island and Salamansa on São Vicente island. The...

Cameroon: upOwa closes €2.5m solar funding round

Cameroon-based solar home system provider upOwa closed a €2.5m ($2.8m) series A2 funding round in December. The UK government-funded Renewable Energy Performance Platform (REPP) led the round alongside French family office Colam Impact. Existing...

Burkina Faso: Bids sought for installation of rural solar PV systems

The Burkinabè Rural Electrification Agency invites prequalification applications by 26 February for the design, financing, supply, construction, operation and maintenance of a series of decentralised solar PV systems across Burkina Faso. The...

Zimbabwe: Invictus, Tatanga Energy seal gas sales MoU

Invictus Energy has signed a preliminary agreement for gas supply from its Cabora Bassa project in Muzarabani, as it seeks an upstream partner to establish whether commercial quantities of gas can be produced from the licence. Invictus announced...

Angola/Namibia: Maersk to drill three wells for Total

Total has awarded contracts to Maersk Drilling to use the 7th generation drillship Maersk Voyager for wells offshore Namibia and on Angola blocks 32 and 48. Maersk announced on 13 January that the campaign was expected to commence this month,...

Zambia: Ruling party urges solution to power supply stand-off

The influential central committee of the ruling Patriotic Front (PF) party has called on the Ministry of Energy to resolve an impasse over talks to extend an agreement that allows Copperbelt Energy Corporation (CEC) to buy power in bulk from...

Angola: Government steps up action against dos Santos family

Angola has moved in recent weeks to take concrete legal action against the children of former president José Eduardo dos Santos over longstanding corruption allegations. José Filomeno dos Santos went on trial in December, accused of taking $500m...

Pages

Due diligence

For clients seeking a balanced picture of a company or individual, due diligence can provide an accurate view of their reputation, connections and identify potential problems

More >

Strategic advisory

From political risk to market entry studies our strategic advisory service is specifically tailored to a client’s current or intended strategic position

More >

Consultancy

Our consultancy services range from carrying out large-scale quantitative projects for public sector clients to identifying opportunities and monitoring risks for investors and developers

More >

Meetings

Engaging government and industry with local experts to discuss the changing political landscape and emerging investment trends in Africa and the Middle East

More >